About FUTURE Studio at the Institute of Technology Carlow
FUTURE studio is contemporary creative communal workspace dedicated to developing a community of entrepreneurs, supported by expert mentors, programmes and workshop events.
It is a space and culture that fosters innovation and entrepreneurial discovery that attracts likeminded individuals and organisations. The Future Studio is built on a design culture, which is Human and Environment-centric, Future Orientated, Data Driven, Holistic, Highly Visual, Co-Creative and Integrative.
Located on the campus of the Institute of Technology Carlow, FUTURE studio is a collaborative space where industry, academia and other interested stakeholders collaborate on solving fundamental problems. The solutions explored focus on solving issues as outlined by the UN Sustainability goals.
We combine an open innovation practice with a project management outlook to deliver creativity in an efficient and effective process. The FUTURE studio is a critical aspect of local and regional innovation, acting as the hub to international networks of collaborative entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystems.
FUTURE studio aims to:
- Stimulate the development of SME outreaches from the Arts & Humanities third-level sector;
- Support the development of digitalisation and e-working in the Region as a cornerstone of incentives to relocate work activities in less advantaged regional areas;
- Stimulate start-ups from the creative industries;
- Stimulate the emergence of collaborative and innovative projects with regional stakeholders;
- Scale existing projects that lead to significant step change which positively impacts job creation.